Founded during the period of Venetian rule in Cyprus approximately five hundred years ago, it made its debut on Abraham Ortelius’s map of 1573. The Estate has maintained an unbroken tradition of olive oil production ever since.
Situated near the medieval walled city of Nicosia, with views of the Troodos and Kyrenia mountain ranges, the Estate was acquired by its current owners, the Leventis family, in 1942. It covers around 50 hectares (124 acres) of land, with 8,200 olive trees and over 2,000 citrus trees.
The Strakka Estate’s production of olives and citrus fruit is entirely organic and is certified by the Lacon Institute.