The Strakka Estate was founded during the period of Venetian rule in Cyprus, some five hundred years ago, and appears on Abraham Ortelius’s map of 1573. The Estate has had a continuous history of olive oil production since.
Situated near the medieval walled city of Nicosia, with views of the Troodos and Kyrenia mountain ranges, the Estate was acquired by its current owners, the Leventis family, in 1942. It covers around 50 hectares (124 acres) of land, with 8,200 olive trees and over 2,000 citrus trees.
The Strakka Estate’s production of olives and citrus fruit is entirely organic and is certified by the Lacon Institute.
Organic agricultural produce is the basis for producing healthy and high quality organic products. Legislative authority has laid down all regulations for the production, processing and labelling of organic products in the Organic Regulation, Commission Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 and the accompanying guidelines hereto, Commission Regulation (EC) No 889/2008.